Customer focus is one of the most important priorities today especially with so much of competence and brands overpowering each other to vouch for customer attention. Most retailers today are highly bent towards gaining new customers but what they forget in the hindsight is to take care of their already existing customers and in the bargain they even loose out on new as well as old customers. It is highly important for retailers to go through the past history of their customers in order to understand them better. The data generated from the past sales can help form a strategy that will help to increase the revenue. There are several methods through which one can analyze customer data, let us understand them:
Customer Order history
These are the list of orders, a customer has ordered in the past, it includes items they have purchased and constantly purchased. The history will also show, the amount they have spent on each of their purchases. It also consists of information when they bought the items. Suppose, some items were bought frequently over some festivals or holidays so it gives the data.
The point of sale system, is a robust POS system that allows browsing different data points, it includes take from customer to individual products.
Take Insights from previous purchases
Order histories are meant for the record for customers as well as brands. The brands can easily make use of the data available; let us look at some trends:
- Dates – the data denotes the specific time of the month, the particular item was purchased. This data will help brands to formulate selling strategy offering same goods to customers online or through email with discount options or other benefits.
- Products – the brands get an idea of how these products are performing with consistent purchase happening. They get information, if customers constantly buy some items together always.
- Customers – With this data, brands know if customers are buying certain items at one particular time. They come to know repeated buyers and hence they will formulate the strategies accordingly to formulate the customer into buying process.
- Upselling – If the customers are well known to your brands and are accustomed to, then they will frequently buy items from you. Brands need to upsell hence make opportunities for buyers to buy from them. For this, brands can filter the product history, identifying the customers who bought the dress, giving a follow up marketing email feature will help to entice them into buying.
- Personal Messages – since the brands know, what the customer bought and what their order history looks like, they can now tailor personal messages to brands.
- Promotions – the customer demographic data is useful for targeting the audiences on paid social advertisements and the other promotions.
Improving the Customer Experience
Order history customer data, helps the brands to improve the customer experiences. If the customer is making continuous purchases and suddenly stops, it is time for brands to have a look over it and give customer the precious momentum to get back to the brand. Enhancing their experience with the brand can do this, the motto here is to keep your customers satisfied and give them good value for money. Given below are some of the things the brands can follow:
- Sending personal email messages, this includes including a coupon code.
- Offering free samples or small gift as an appreciation for purchases made.
- Giving customers exclusive discounts and special deals, for this they will feel valued and may buy something extra.
Order Histories make better decisions
Customers are always focused into buying but they are always looking for the best customer experience from brands. Order histories are one such tools that helps the brands to form a blue print about the customers and make high decisions about making sales. This includes several things like keeping the inventory accurate; maintain the stores shelves well, in short giving the customers every chance to be happy. Brands should completely discontinue keeping the products that has no sales, sometimes look over at them may be a big turn off because of the bad experience a customer might have had.
Make the most of Customer Data
Customer data is a precious gem that the brands posses hence make good use of them. The order histories are good starting points and help track customers, which, what, why and how they are doing a particular purchase.